Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Howdy Partner, Do you have a Valentine?

3:15- "Well hi there sir.  Can't say I do.  How about yourself?"
4:00- Pick up the kids from school.
4:12- The sink drops its last drip.
4:29- Nothing.
4:47- "Can I have fries with that?"
5:14- The last page lifts with an unsatisfied, satisfied turn.
5:59-"Eat it honey, it's good for you."
6:13- 7(x-14)-54.6= #imscrewed.
6:32- Nothing.
6:44- He hits her.
6:50-The door closes.
6:55-An old woman rummages through the bin for dinner, wrapped up in the false hope she is sure Obama will bring her, trying to keep warm.  Things will change.
7:09-The girls eyes become wet, realizing she lost more than just her virginity as the bastard blows a kiss her way.
7:32- A dotted line is signed in black ink.  Giving a home to a "happy"marriage with an unknown 5 year expiration date, she still thinks the ring does more than sit on his icy hand.... he's different now.
7:53- Nothing.
8:08- A mother aborts her long and gone first loves child.
8:10- It dies.
8:59- "Ouch."
9:32- Nothing.
9:44-She embraces disloyalty like an old friend, as the taste of smoke, with a hint of chocolate tickles her preoccupied tongue.
10:01- They don't answer.
10:37-Nothing.


I fall asleep thinking of how cruel this world is.... allowing my phone to share my favorite pillow with me just this once, in case you decide to text me back.  What kind of selfish creature am I?


We are sick.... Please get out of my head.

1 comment: