Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love is...

Love.  I feel it is very ironic that our first topic assigned is this.  It is...well everything.  It is the thing that destroys, fulfills, changes and reflects humans.  It is the thing we let take over our lives.  Twisting our emotions through its fingers, kissing our soul ever so quietly, letting us feel just enough to crave more.  Leaving us with an addiction, like the whore in all of our heads. Like the drink we will all gulp for, "the last time," Like the money we know we will someday win if we just try one more time.  But this addiction is different, it's beautiful.  The concept of love has always fascinated me, but it is also something I don't believe in.  Not because I have been through heartache, or my parents sisters' neighbor divorced her husband, I just find it impossible.  We are humans and we are a selfish species.  We have instincts, I feel we are very animalistic.  Putting someone above ourselves just because we feel deeply connected to them is...well like I said impossible.  We don't work that way.  But for those of you who have found a way to skip around it, hand in hand with your lover through a field of flowers, I am happy for you....I think.  If you need me I will be drunk, playing poker with the whores in my mind.
Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. I'm listening to Hero by Regina Spektor as I read this and I've looked at the black and white picture about 6 times.

    Very honest and depressing and real and true.

    I know, right. If the first topic is love...where do we go from here? The whole class can only go downhill. It's like making a mix-CD and starting with the best song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Twisting our emotions through its fingers, kissing our soul ever so quietly, letting us feel just enough to crave more"

    Loved that. not only because of the visual it supplies but the truth in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha i love the end of this post. "playing poker with the whores in my mind,
    having a good day"

    ReplyDelete