Sunday, April 29, 2012

Humans have moved up on my favorite species list.




I would like to thank you.
Thank you for having such pretty hair and letting me stare at it.
Thank you for the poem. I wish it meant more, but it was nice.
Thank you for being civil, sitting next to me, wearing a sweater made of tolerance and cotton.
Thank you for standing pigeon-toed while you play.
Holding myself on tip-toes has always made me feel light, but then again I don't have your talent resting on my shoulders, weighing me down.
I hope you were comfortable.
Thank you for walking past me and not saying hello.
I'm not being sarcastic, I need to focus.
Thank you for eating a dandelion with me and enjoying life through simplicity,
a meow can mean so much,
or nothing at all, depending on who you are talking to.
Thank you for over analyzing things yet being comfortable enough to make-out.
This isn't making much sense to me either,
but thank you for listening anyway.
Thank you for teaching me what to be, and what not to be, and that is not a question.
The only question is if I love you or not, but I appreciate you all the same.
Thank you for having more to yourself than just God.
You took whatever it is from whoever it was and did something with it.
You made things,
you made yourself.
You took that heart and created a piece that made mine stop.
Only to be revived by that voice so angelic, you must be a God.
But you are not and I am happy about that.
We are so close to perfection my dear. But you, you are real.
You took those knees and made her laugh.
Those red blood cells opened your eyes,
To the world.
and to them.
And to that rolli-polli bug you were so close to stepping on, but caught yourself.
You see skylines and garbage cans and sunsets and roads and me.
You see me and I thank you for that.
Curiosity runs through you, so please sneeze on me.
I'd like some of that and I don't mind catching a cold.
Those elbows of yours are smart.
Thank you for protecting them from scrapes and bruises.
Thank you for not taking the risk of going outside, and staying indoors with me all day.
After all, we are warm and so close to love darling.
So thank you.
Thank you for being human with me.
Meow.

2 comments: